I noticed in my IG feed that I tend to have a lot of bright pink in our decor. So I thought I would share why I think it’s a great color to use and share a little known fact about my history with this controversial color.
How many pinks do you count in here?
Growing up I HATED pink. I mean hated my friends. I have a sister close in age who liked it but I hated it. I ventured more in the purple arena but pink, NO WAY JOSE. Which is kind of hilarious now if you think about it. I guess I must be making up for lost time. I didn’t really start using it in our home until fairly recently (the last couple of years or so) and tended to stick with the greens and blues as the primary colors I used. (Blue and green are my faves believe it or not!)
I used hot pink/fuschia in small doses or pops at first and eventually it really grew on me. And fast forward to here we are! So why do I think it’s a great color to use?
Here are 5 reasons to give it a try:
- Surprisingly pink, in various shades, goes with almost everything! I know it’s a bit of a shock but here me out. Blush is amazingly sophisticated with grays and blacks while fuschia and hot pink give a pop pa-chow to black and white. Fuschia also looks fantastic with green (see my schoolroom space here as evidence!) as well as lighter pinks, creams, various blues, etc. It’s all about the layering of the colors. Finding a common thread that pulls it all together is all ya need to play with it!
This is our schoolroom. Fuschia chairs, fuschia rug with other colors and faux greenery wall with art. It all works because the rug and art elements pull it all together!
2. Bright pink brings a life and personality to a space. Have you ever walked into or seen a space with bright pink and been bored? Nope, because that color screams ‘Look at me I’m fun!” And who doesn’t want to be in a space like that?! Spice it up and add some!
3. Pink, it’s not just for girls. I have 3 sons (ages 14 1/2 to almost 6) and a hubs and none of them are bothered with my use of pink! Granted I don’t use bubblegum baby nursery pink, which might make a difference. BUT they like it and have no problem with it at all. Our house if full of life and character and that perfectly reflects the people who live in it!
Not overly feminine right?! Lots of elements balance it out like the graphic black and white in the rug, the orange in the runner behind the blue sofa along with all the white. Bright, colorful, bold, fun but not saturated with pink! (Go here to see the full family room reveal!)
4. A little goes a long way! Use it in small doses like a pillow or in some artwork to really pop while the rest is relatively toned down. Or go for gold and play with it in several places! I guarantee it really livens up a space.
5. Cause I said so! hahah Seriously though, I don’t know why I’m obsessed with pink now but dang it’s gonna stick around for awhile! I’m insanely attracted to bright and colorful and fuschia fits that to a T. Check out my post on all things India and amazeballs. How much pink do you see incoporated? (LOTS) It’s a why the hell not kind of color! Fo’get browns and grays, life is not color-less so why should your home be?! Just try it, you’ll love it! ; )
Our bedroom with the suzani (see more on that here!) Lots of black along with a few other colors but see that bright pink? I’ve got it in pops in the suzani, throw pillows, art frames and lamp shades! It’s a much smaller dose in here but it’s still packing a punch. (See the full bedroom here!)
I totally understand it’s not for everyone but if you try even a little bit of it, it gets addicting. It’s so fun and lively and bold! But start with that throw pillow and see where it goes from there. I was like an avalanche after a heavy snow my friends, whoosh pink everywhere. And I’m not sorry about it! hahaha
What are you thoughts on pink? Love it or hate it? Small or big doses? Hit me up in the comments I always love to hear from ya!
Of course the annoying subscribe box in the sidebar is callin your name if ya wanna stick around this here blogspot! Pop in your email for notifications of new posts as they go live! (no spams I swear!!)
The post Why I’m Obsessed & 5 Reasons to Use Pink In Your Decor! appeared first on Eclectic Twist.